Sunday, June 04, 2006

Breakfast on Pluto

It's quite interesting to see the amount of gay or transexual, or cross-dresser movies out there this year. I certainly see it as a great step forward. I just saw Breakfast on Pluto and was quite impressed with Cillian Murphy's performance. I am usually not impressed with any of his performances to tell you the truth. But now, I think that he may be done with the androgynic psycho vilain roles, so his talent might shine through a lill more hopefully.

Funny that as I was starting to write this, I was reminded of the movie The Crying Games [1992], probably the first film I saw with this subject. Funnier is my total lack of knowledge of Irish filmography: it would probably seem smarter to point out that those two movies were in fact the realisations of director Neil Jordan.

I guess the only part I rather would have scratched was the two lill CG birds that didn't add much to the story and were an annoying reminder that all productions over 2 million dollars must have it's CG nowadays?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Type for Mices
All posts and comments on Minetto Marigny blog are property of their authors,
reproduction without the author’s consent is prohibited.
Minetto Marigny reserves the right to delete any comment deemed innapropriate or unnecessary.