Sunday, August 28, 2005

I need mo music

So
I found this link on somebody's site maybe 207 Rue Prince...I don't remember, but on All Music, you can listen to excerpts of albums so that you can experience new artists...The only sh*ty thing is you have to 'register' which means you need to give your 'spam' email to register, retreive your 'password' then go in. *Sigh*. Oh and the other mind numbing thing is waiting for the samples to load. That can drive you mental if you aren't already...As you gessed, I am already imunized. Anyway.


For example I generally like Trip Hop music.
DJ Krush is always a favorite. Along with the Thievery Corporation compilations, Kruder + Dorfmeister, Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Nightmare on Wax, Herbalizer...these are known facts.

But what about UNKLE? Hmm, no; Wagon Christ? no; Baby Mammoth? no; Beanfield? Hmm, maybe; Kid Loco? of course; DJ Food? yes. Gus Gus? Yes!

What else is new [to me] ewhhhhoooo! Rainbows & Robots by DJ me, DJ You seems fun. The Rockers Hi-Fi compilation sounds cool.

In the 'Ambiant Dub or whatever, I liked a bit of Banco de Gaia, the Orb is always interesting of course...

Big Beat...Whatever that means
Death in Vegas is great, but I knew that already. Ok, 'Les Rythmes Digitales is pretty f up. I don't think I'd listen to it all the time but it's fun party stuff.

I remember liking L7 at one point... and Sebadoh,

My friends Guillaume recorded me some 'Galaxie 500, Yo la Tango, which I both sort of liked. I like Big Black, Happy Mondays, MudHoney, Mono Men, Supersuckers


And then of course Franz Ferdinand, Yummy fur, The Falls, Interpol, Boss Hog, The Railroad Jerk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Type for Mices
All posts and comments on Minetto Marigny blog are property of their authors,
reproduction without the author’s consent is prohibited.
Minetto Marigny reserves the right to delete any comment deemed innapropriate or unnecessary.